Barley porridge is a very tasty, nutritious and healthy dish for the whole family. It can be prepared according to a very simple recipe. At the same time the dish turns out tasty and nourishing. You can diversify it with the help of juicy stew, fried with carrots and onions. Such a dish will become a regular guest at your dinner table and will not leave anyone indifferent.
This dish is prepared from barley cereals, which is an inexhaustible source of vitamins, fiber, useful and nutrients, minerals and amino acids. Barley porridge is present in the diet of children and the elderly, because it is quickly and easily digested. It can be used as a light and dietary food that will help get rid of extra pounds. Barley porridge with stew is so amazing, tasty and hearty dish that you can not tear myself away from it. To make such porridge you need the following ingredients:
|Barley grits||about 300 gram|
|Fine salt||1 teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||pinch|
|Bay leaf||4 pieces|
|Vegetable oil||50 ml|
|Tomato paste||2 tablespoons|
|Pork stew||1 jar (500 grams)|
|Parsley, dill, green onions||for decoration|
From the specified amount of ingredients you get about four servings. Cooking time will be 50 minutes.
Phased preparation with the provision of detailed photos:
1) This healthy dish has one drawback - the duration of cooking. You need to rinse the grits with a fine sieve, and then pour cold water for several hours. Next, you need to drain the water and thoroughly wash the grits.
2) Take a solid pot with thick walls and a bottom. Pour water, bring to a boil, add prepared grits and mix thoroughly. Make the minimum heat and cook until ready, stirring occasionally.
3) While the porridge is boiling, you can proceed to roasting. Open a can of meat. Peel the onion and carrot. Cut into pieces, fry in heated sunflower oil and mix with the stew. Stew for about five minutes, add salt, black pepper, bay leaf and spices to taste. Keep on fire for about seven minutes and set aside.
4) If the water in the porridge has boiled away, remove the pan from the heat, add a piece of soft butter. Mix thoroughly until completely dissolved. Cover the pot with a lid, wrap in a warm towel for about forty minutes. Thus, your porridge will be able to steam and swell.
5) An important cooking stage is the serving and serving of the dish. Put the cooked and steamed porridge on a plate, and place the toasted stew with gravy on top. Powder with chopped greens. The dish is ready!
Follow the step-by-step recipe recommendations, and you will prepare a tasty delicacy for your household.