Kashi is a traditional dish of Slavic peoples. Even in children's fairy tales they write that the bogatyrs fed exclusively whole cereals, which cannot be said about our generation. Nowadays, cereals have become rare guests on the table. Basically, from these dishes we eat buckwheat or boiled rice. Dishes from pearl barley or barley grits are quite rare. It is important to know that barley porridge is the best option for weight loss. Barley grits are made according to the principle of barley, but with some special features.
First, whole grains of barley are not subjected to any processing (either polishing or polishing), which allows you to save more useful vitamins and minerals, as well as to reduce the level of fiber. Secondly, in the process of preparing the grains, they are simply cleaned of films and crushed into different pieces. Because of this, there are three barley variant cereals - from the smallest to the largest. Also on the shelves you can find a mixed type of cereals.
Barley itself has a fairly high caloric level (more 310 kcal per 100 grams of product), but among the entire line of popular cereals - this is a very low content. You can talk a lot about the benefits of barley grits: there are complex carbohydrates in its composition that give us a feeling of saturation for a long time, starch, proteins, dietary fiber and saturated fatty acids. Krupa contains a high-grade vitamin-mineral complex, which significantly improves the metabolic processes in the body, improving its condition.
Barley porridge is effective in combating extra pounds due to the presence of fiber that can cleanse the intestines and remove toxins, as well as slow-type carbohydrates that help saturate. Even the ancient healers considered barley the best way to cleanse the body. On the basis of barley porridge developed an effective diet, which is based on the beneficial properties of barley cereals and its low calorie level. Barley porridge for weight loss is easy to prepare. It will not need to add oil or salt. You can also see recipe for dietary oatmeal on water.
|Barley grits||200 g|
1. It is necessary to sort out the grits and rinse very thoroughly in running water several times, in order to keep the water clean when pouring the grits again.
2. In a pot of medium size, pour the water and bring to a boil.
3. Pour the washed cereal into boiling water and bring it to a boil again.
4. As soon as the porridge begins to boil, we cover it with a lid and leave it to simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Once most of the water has evaporated during the cooking process, turn off the heat and cover tightly with the lid. If desired, remove the porridge in a warm oven for 30 minutes, so that it becomes more saturated.
6. Do not add butter, sour cream or sugar to barley porridge. So you get a dietary meal.
Do not forget that during a diet based on barley porridge, you will need to abandon dairy and meat products, sweets and alcohol. Supplementing the diet is allowed with fresh juices, vegetables, fruits and low-calorie kefir.
See also how it is prepared millet porridge on the water.