Most modern moms prefer self-cooking cereals for their children of all ages. Despite the fact that store shelves are full of baby food, none of them can match the homemade porridge prepared by a caring and loving mother. This approach has many advantages, one of which is the fact that you are completely confident in the quality of the ingredients used in the preparation. Also, the preparation of porridge will help save the family budget, since the cost of baby food, especially good, is quite high.
Use of barley porridge
Given the range of different cereals, each of which has useful and surprising properties, it is difficult to make a choice. Particularly noteworthy is not very popular barley porridge for children. This pediatric pediatricians recommend introducing a child into the diet no earlier than two years. This is explained by the fact that barley grits is heavy for the kid's digestive system.
You can make porridge from barley cereals, which is presented in the form of peeled, crushed grains. It is slightly different from solid barley. However, in barley grains there is much more fiber and nutrients that are essential for the normal functioning of the child’s gastrointestinal tract. Compared with barley, yachka is much softer, softer and more pleasant to the taste. It must be introduced into baby food.
It is important to note that there are grains:
- protein - 11%;
- fats - 2%;
- fiber - 4,5%;
- carbohydrates - 66%;
- vitamins - E, D, A, PP, A;
- phosphorus, potassium and iron, calcium;
- copper, iodine, cobalt and bromine;
- pantothenic, folic acid.
The chemical composition of barley cereals is rich in phosphorus, which is necessary for the full assimilation of an element such as calcium. In addition, phosphorus provides high-quality brain activity. There is a normalization of metabolism and other chemical processes occurring in the child’s body. Due to the huge amount of amino acids, for example, lysine, you can reduce the risk of developing many dangerous diseases. Basically, these are different viral infections, herpes, flu.
Barley porridge, cooked properly, is recognized as a powerful and effective antibacterial agent. That is why doctors strongly advise to treat it in diabetes, pathologies of the gall and bladder, kidneys and liver. According to doctors, if you regularly eat dishes with barley, you can quickly normalize cholesterol levels, increase efficiency. To enter the diet of the baby is better at the age of one and a half or two years. A distinctive feature of barley porridge is its low calorie content, so it can be eaten even during a diet.
Technology of preparation
As you know, the children's stomach is not able to digest food for adults. That is why the appropriate supplements are introduced into their diet. Initially, this is an easy product, but then you can go to the cereals. As for barley cereals, it should not be tough, so it is important to cook it properly using a reliable step-by-step recipe. It is advisable to boil it in water, since many children may be allergic to milk up to the age of three.
|Yachka||about 50 gram|
|Butter and salt||add to taste|
1. It is very important to properly cook the barley porridge so that the baby likes it. To do this, it should get tasty, juicy, tender, airy and soft. This is necessary in order not to damage or scratch the delicate walls of the ventricle of the crumbs. To this end, rinse the cereal and cover with warm water for two hours. Before you do this, do not forget to sort it out to get rid of low-quality and black cores.
2. Put the pot on the stove. It is desirable that the dishes had a non-stick coating. Pour in the proper amount of water and bring it to a boil.
3. After boiling water, pour in the yachka. To prevent the croup from sticking to the bottom, stir it constantly.
4. In the next step, lightly salt the porridge and add sugar.
5. Twenty minutes later, the porridge is ready. Considering that it was soaked in water, the cooking time was noticeably reduced. After that, a small piece of high-quality butter is added to it, so that the taste is more tender and pleasant.
6. Believe me, baby will enjoy this dish with pleasure. Depending on the age category, fruit or meat puree can be added to the boiled yachk.
Barley porridge is easily absorbed in the children's body. The croup has the form of crushed, ground and cleaned kernels. An important advantage of porridge from this cereal is that it is saturated with vitamins, minerals and many essential amino acids. In addition, it contains a lot of fiber, which is important for the full, healthy functioning of the baby's gastrointestinal tract. Yachka is the best natural remedy that can be used to strengthen the immune system of a child.