Millet groats belong to the category of nutritious and nourishing cereals, with an abundance of vitamins and minerals. However, it is not as popular as rice or error. Most often, wheat groats are remembered at the time of church posts. However, it is important to know that such a dish will be a great solution for breakfast. Millet porridge is nutritious, satisfying and healthy. In addition, if you cook it with various additional components, it will become very rich, tasty and fragrant.
A great addition to it will be a pumpkin. This combination is very peculiar, but tasty. This dish will be able to occupy a worthy place in your Lenten menu, if you replace the butter with vegetable or olive. If you want to boil a similar gruel for children, then you should pour a small amount of milk after evaporation of water in order to give the millet a special taste. However, most often, it is boiled on the water.
The process of cooking millet porridge with the addition of gourd will not take too long. So, you must follow the following steps:
1. First you need to prepare a vegetable, wash it thoroughly, clean the seeds, cut into small cubes.
2. Sliced pumpkin should be folded into a saucepan, pour the specified amount of water and cook under a tightly closed lid for 10 minutes, so that it becomes soft.
3. While the pumpkin is boiling, rinse the millet (it is recommended to do this very carefully and several times, until the water is clear). It is also possible to speed up the process of cooking wheat millet boiling water twice. This will help him gain additional water.
4. As soon as the vegetable is prepared to the desired state, add the washed millet to it, salt it and mix it carefully but gently (so that the pumpkin slices do not fall apart under the pressure of the spoon).
5. Kash should be cooked for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not burn to the bottom of the pan. As soon as most of the water evaporates, remove the porridge from the heat and put it under a towel or in any warm place for about half an hour to millet (there is still This recipe) cereal finally boiled. You can (if you wish) before that add a piece of butter.
Serve this porridge by adding some cinnamon to it, which will add extra flavor to your dish.
Cooked pumpkin porridge with millet on milk in our recipe will be no less tasty.
Also very aromatic is obtained millet porridge with milk recipeBy the way, with photos and videos.