Despite the benefits and valuable composition, millet porridge is not able to compete with buckwheat, oatmeal, rice and even semolina. For many, pshenka seems like a nondescript, dry, and tasteless porridge. To millet porridge deserved respect, it is important to properly prepare it. For this you will need the proposed step-by-step recipe. If you need to prepare a quick lunch or dinner, use the recipe of a simple, but hearty and tasty dish. We are talking about millet porridge with meat stew. This dish will allow you to feed your family a hearty, balanced, juicy and incredibly tasty dinner. Believe me, this pshenka will appeal to all your household.
Technology of preparation
Pshenka with stew is a very simple, unpretentious, but incredibly tasty and nutritious dish. The combination of such cereals with meat will allow the two ingredients to reveal the fullness of their taste and aroma. As for cooking, this process is very simple; any novice chef will cope with it.
In addition to the fact that millet porridge with canned meat and vegetables turns out to be incredibly tasty, it is also useful. For the preparation of the proposed dish will need a minimum amount of ingredients and free time. Before proceeding with the cooking, the wheat must be rinsed in running water, and do not forget to pour on boiling water. This is done in order to remove the bitterness inherent in this gruel. If everything is done according to the proposed recipe, the wheat will be fragrant, crumbly and tasty.
Useful properties of a dish are caused by the chemical composition of millet groats. It is considered a rich source of micro and macro elements, vitamins, amino acids and mineral components. This porridge has a positive effect on the functioning of the digestive tract, the condition and appearance of hair, skin, nails.
To cook millet with stew for three servings, it is enough to use the proposed recipe. For the preparation of healthy and hearty dishes will need about 40-50 minutes.
|Meat stew||1 Bank|
|Wheat millet||about 100 gram|
|Onion||1 medium head|
|Water||not less than 250 milliliters|
|Vegetable oil||1-2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||to taste|
1. Having carefully studied the recipe, you need to prepare the necessary products. First of all, take care of millet, it should be washed, then rinse with boiling water. It is necessary to wash the cereal until the water ceases to be turbid.
2. Having poured boiled water over millet, you will remove the bitterness that is inherent in this type of cereal.
3. Boil a sufficient amount of water in a saucepan, add the washed millet and add some salt. Boil at minimum heat for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. At this time, you can do the preparation of vegetables. They need to be cleaned, washed and cut. Pour the oil into the pan, heat and fry the onions, previously peppered. Continue frying for three minutes to make it translucent.
5. As for carrots, it can be cut into thin slices, but it is better to grate on a grater, then send in a frying pan to onions. Fry for three more minutes.
6. From the stew to drain the liquid, knead the meat, using a fork. To make it easier, put it on the plate. If you want, you can remove the fat that is in the stew, but the dish will turn out to be more dry and bland. Add meat to roasted vegetables, cook for five minutes.
7. During this time, the porridge will have time to boil, it must be added to the pan, as well as pour the broth from the stew. Stir well, if necessary, salt to taste.
8. To simmer under the closed lid on a minimum fire for at least twenty minutes. Serve in portions, decorated with greens and fresh vegetables.
As you can see, the recipe for cooking millet porridge with stew is extremely easy to perform, so you can easily cope with it. Enjoy your meal!