Recipe for two servings
|Wheat groats||½ cup|
1. One of the most important stages of cooking Poltava porridge is the choice of cereals. In order to get a soft, soft and crumbly gruel, you should give preference to croup medium grinding, as it is not going to lump in the cooking process. To save time on preparing the cereal for cooking, you should buy a top-quality product that does not contain excess garbage and damaged kernels.
2. The second, but no less important stage in the preparation of Poltava porridge is the preparation of cereals for cooking. To do this, put the cereal in a large container and pour water. When mixing, the croup sinks to the bottom, and the small debris that emerges needs to be caught.
3. The remaining turbid water should be drained. Repeat the procedure several times until the water is clear. Wash the washed grits with warm water and leave for 10-15 minutes.
4. Measure out the right amount of water and pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high or medium heat.
5. Put the prepared cereal in a saucepan with boiling water.
6. When the porridge boils, you need to salt and reduce the heat to the minimum. The foam formed during the preparation process must be removed, as it contains remnants of husk and particles of debris.
7. Cook Poltava porridge over low heat for 20 minutes. Add butter to the finished porridge and leave 10-15 minutes under the lid.
8. Serve the cereal as a side dish for meat or as a separate breakfast dish. If desired, before serving, decorate the dish with berries, fruits, nuts, or fresh vegetables with greens.