Any sane person should understand that cereals are very useful and valuable for health, normal functioning of the digestive system and other equally important internal organs. However, in practice, many people prefer to ignore these dishes, despite their amazing composition and useful properties. That is why many cereals, especially pearl barley, are outsiders on the store shelves. However, if you change your own attitude to cereals, enter them into your daily diet, you will notice that your immunity will significantly strengthen, the gastrointestinal tract will work like a clock, and your hair, skin and nails will look better at times. As for pearl barley, it must be properly prepared, for this you can use a good step-by-step recipe.
The secrets of delicious barley
Many are interested in the question of how to cook barley porridge in order to make it tasty, crumbly and fragrant. To do this, you should know some of the secrets and intricacies of cooking, thanks to which crumbly pearl barley will become an integral part of your diet.
A distinctive feature of pearl barley is that it cannot be found among other grains. This is not surprising, since you can find barley, from the grains of which you get pearl barley. According to the chemical composition, the pearl barley porridge is very tasty, healthy, it contains all the vitamins and minerals, even during heat treatment.
Perlovka differs from all other cereals in that it has an excellent ratio of carbohydrates and proteins. In addition, it contains a lot of silicic acid, phosphorus, which have a beneficial effect on the brain, metabolism and the state of the nervous system. This explains the fact why pearl barley is in the diet of schools and kindergartens, hospitals, military units and health camps, boarding houses.
The composition has a huge amount of polysaccharides, which qualitatively reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood. As for such an amino acid as lysine, it takes an active part in building muscle tissue, combating various viruses and high-quality absorption of calcium. Do not forget about vitamins A, D, E, B, which significantly improve the condition of nails, hair, eyesight. It is important to note that friable pearl barley helps to get rid of herpes.
If you properly prepare the barley, you can cleanse the body of toxins, slags, harmful substances. Thanks to these properties and chemical composition, you can lose weight, pull the stomach, to which almost every woman aspires. That is why you need to take note of the recipe for barley crumbly porridge, which is very simple and unpretentious. According to folk healers, a decoction of this cereal perfectly fights poisoning, various pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Modern medicine offers to eat barley in the postoperative, rehabilitation period.
So, how to cook barley? There are two types of cereals, namely Dutch, classic. As for the Dutch woman, her grains are very smooth, thoroughly peeled, they are boiled very quickly and a soft and tender porridge is obtained. However, the classic barley porridge is prepared much longer than any other, but it has many useful components. The main condition for a good barley is time, enough liquid and soaking. As for soaking, the rump is poured with warm water for eight hours. Then boil for about thirty minutes.
To pearl barley turned out tasty and useful, it is important to follow the proposed recipe. For cooking you will need the following ingredients:
|Croup perlovaya||1 glass|
From the suggested amount of ingredients, six portions of healthy, nutritious and very tasty porridge can be prepared. Duration of cooking will be one and a half hours.
1. The first thing to do is rinse the grits thoroughly. This is done in order to get rid of dust, debris that could accumulate during storage, production and packaging.
2. Put the cereal in a deep bowl, cover with a liter of cold water, you can use warm. It is best to carry out this manipulation in the evening, as it is necessary to soak the grits for ten or even twelve hours. Do this before bedtime, and in the morning you can cook a healthy gruel, spending quite a bit of time. Due to the long soaking, you can get rid of unnecessary stickiness, which will allow the grains to boil faster from the inside.
3. In the morning you can drain the remaining liquid, which is not absorbed. A few more times wash the barley with running water, pour into a saucepan and pour three cups of boiling water.
4. After that you should add some salt, but the main thing is not to overdo it.
5. At maximum heat bring the water to a boil, boil for five to seven minutes, but do not cover with a lid.
6. Then you can turn down the heat to a minimum, cover tightly with a lid. Continue cooking for fifty minutes. The fire should be small, as it is very important.
7. After that, you can turn off the gas. Ensure that all water is absorbed properly. At this stage, you need to add one tablespoon of good butter, then mix thoroughly and cover again.
8. Leave the gruel in this state for half an hour, it should rest. To enhance the effect, you can roll up the pan in a towel or an old, unnecessary jacket. Serve porridge, decorated with greens.
Barley, cooked according to the proposed recipe, is fragrant, healthy, tender and crumbly, and also very tasty. To make the result always successful, you need to cook under the lid closed and do not mix until the end of cooking, this is important. You should understand whether the barley is ready or not. This can be understood by the appearance of the grain, it will be swollen, soft, but not boiled soft. As for color, it will be light.
It is important to know that the gastronomic secret of this dish is that hot is much tastier and healthier. That is why after cooking immediately eat, do not wait. Besides all this, pearl barley is considered a great side dish for meat, fish and vegetables, greens, cheese. It goes well with jam, honey, condensed milk. It is important to note that each ingredient qualitatively complements each other, but does not interrupt.