Barley porridge is prepared from barley kernels, which are peeled from the shell. Many people underestimate the useful properties of barley, the divine taste and aroma of such a porridge. If you take a good, proven recipe and cook it correctly, you get a hearty, healthy and tasty barley porridge.
Today we have a recipe for barley on water. There are many variations of the recipe, but it is best to use the easiest, proven method of cooking barley. Preparation of barley porridge takes a lot of time, so pre-soak the cereal in boiling water for 10 hours, it is advisable to do it at night. Then drain and rinse.
To boil the barley, choose a large pot, as the cereal increases significantly in size. If you decide to cook a side dish, be sure to soak it, so that the pearl barley porridge turned out crumbly, tasty, useful. You can replace the water with milk and cook barley porridge with milk.
The right ingredients
|Pearl barley||1 glass|
|Salt fine||1 teaspoon|
|Flavorings||jam, dried fruit, fresh fruit|
The calorie content of barley porridge according to this recipe will be 300 kilocalories.
1. Choose quality cereals. You take out from the excess garbage, rinse with running water.
2. In order for the pearl barley porridge to boil out, it turned out crumbly, which is not a shame to serve as a garnish, soak it with water for 10 hours. On 1 a glass of cereal is necessary to take a liter of water (boiling water).
3. After the procedure, wash the grits under running water. Put the pan on the stove, pour water and can boil the barley. The most interesting thing is that in the cooking process all the useful properties of barley are preserved. Bring to a boil, salt, reduce heat to a minimum.
4. When all the liquid has evaporated, stir the porridge, add half the butter. Cover with a lid, sweat 10 minutes over low heat.
5. In the finished barley porridge add the rest of the oil, mix. If desired, add dried fruits, nuts, honey. Our barley porridge on the water is ready. Before serving, arrange in plates, decorate with fruit. Serve as a main course or as a side dish. Serve only hot.
Few people know how to cook barley porridge, although there are many recipes for its preparation. Every hostess, at least once in her life, wondered how to weld the barley so that it boils down? How many calories in barley porridge? How much benefit can one plate of porridge bring? How is this porridge useful for women? What is the recipe for boiling barley? How to cook a pearl barley to garnish? You will find out the answers to these questions soon.
Pearl barley is a treasure trove of vitamins, minerals, microelements, amino acids, and nutrients. It cooks longer than other cereals. There are many recipes for making barley porridge: sweet, savory, on water, milk or broth. This is a great side dish for meat, fish, vegetable dishes. But few people take recipes with barley seriously and use it as a side dish.
The useful properties of barley are so great that it is worth considering before refusing to prepare. This porridge was served to the royal table, before that it was soaked for 10 hours, cooked, roasted in the oven, filled with cream or butter. It should be borne in mind that its benefits are large enough.
Boil barley is very easy, it turns out a great side dish or main course for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nutritionists recommend eating it for breakfast or lunch, as it is heavy for digestion. Therefore, it is better to add to the diet in the morning, so that it will benefit, energy, energy for the whole day. Even better for health goes barley porridge on water.
Recipes for barley porridge on water are interesting, unusual, but at the same time, very simple to prepare. Prepare it according to the proposed recipe, surprise your household with royal porridge. Think about how much benefit and harm will bring one plate of such porridge. Nutritionists have long argued about the benefits and harms of this cereal, came to the following conclusions.
The use of barley porridge (more will find here) for the human body is large enough, due to the high content of nutrients, properties, vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids.
- Delicious pearl barley porridge rich in vitamins: A, B, E, PP. Contains: iron, iodine, calcium, chromium, cobalt, zinc.
- The benefits are high levels of fiber, selenium, protein, which has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Cleans the body from toxins, impurities, harmful substances. Displays fluid and fat.
- Strengthens hair, nails, teeth, improves the condition of the skin, its color, silkiness, elasticity and elasticity, which is useful for women.
- It has a complex of healing properties. It helps to treat diseases of the kidneys, liver, teeth. Barley porridge is useful in the treatment of teeth, diabetes, cough, rhinitis, and others.
- The use of barley is invaluable in the fight against obesity, it is considered a dietary dish. The caloric content of 100 grams of product in water without additives is 100 kcal. Calorie dishes with butter and various additives 300 kcal.
- Barley porridge is indispensable in the children's diet. It contains beneficial properties and substances necessary for a growing, weakened organism.
- It has diuretic, expectorant properties.
- Boil the barley is not more than two times a week, then its benefits will be felt.
Damage to barley
Like all cereals, it has a number of contraindications to use. If you do not take them into account, you can harm the health.
- Do not eat pregnant women, because of the content of gluten, can cause harm to the health of the baby.
- Frequent use leads to constipation, flatulence, heaviness, unpleasant sensations in the stomach.
- For men, the main harm that can be often used is potency problems.
The benefits of such porridge is obvious. You can see for yourself how much everything is contained in this croup. It has a number of healing properties that rejuvenate, strengthen the body, prolong life. The main rule, not to harm their health, do not abuse.
I think you will also like the dish. pea porridge in a slow cooker recipe with a photo step by step.