Pearl barley porridge is very nutritious, nourishing and healthy, for good reason it is an integral part of the diet in hospitals, kindergartens and schools, as well as it is prepared for the military. Given the low cost of cereals, you can get a satisfying, balanced, tasty and extremely healthy dish. Thanks to the development of technology, there are many kitchen appliances that help and greatly simplify the process, the duration of cooking. Besides the fact that the barley is cooked on the stove, it can be cooked in the oven, steamer and rice cooker, pressure cooker, multi-cooker, and also in a microwave oven.
Before you learn how to cook pearl barley, how much it is prepared in time, it is necessary to become familiar with its useful properties. Many people don’t tolerate barley, because for them barley porridge is a terrible association with the hospital. This stereotype is erroneous, because if you prepare the barley correctly, it will be no less tasty and appetizing than buckwheat and rice porridge.
Barley porridge is a complex of vitamins, minerals, valuable amino acids. Knowing how to cook barley, you can solve many health problems. If boiled barley porridge on the water, you can solve a number of health problems. Barley porridge will help:
- get rid of excess weight;
- cleanse the body of toxins, fluids;
- normalize the activity of the gastrointestinal tract;
- defeat constipation, especially chronic;
- cure fungal diseases;
- get rid of infections, colds.
Knowing how to cook barley porridge correctly, you can save it all the vitamins and minerals that are very valuable for health. Properly prepared pearl barley is a valuable storehouse of vitamins among other cereals. If you learn a recipe for boiling barley on water, you can vary the diet. It can be used in dietary nutrition. It is important to note that only 120 kilocalories are contained in cooked cereals. In addition, it is very nutritious, saturated with carbohydrates and fiber, which is necessary for a diet or fasting.
Tip! It is necessary to eat pearl barley hot, because it tastes better and healthier. If you eat porridge chilled, it will be absorbed much longer!
To know how to cook barley porridge, you need to deal with the proportions and duration of cooking. How to cook barley porridge? If you want to get a viscous slurry, then you need to take a glass of cereal for one liter of water. To make the dish crumbly, keep this ratio of water and cereal - 1: 2½.
Many housewives are interested in quite a logical question, how much barley is brewed? It is important to note that this cereal is cooked long enough. To make it boil soft, cooks recommend soaking it in water in advance, because I know how much to cook pearl barley. Duration of cooking varies within 40-100 minutes, which is quite long. However, it is difficult to say the exact cooking time, it depends on many factors:
- grain size;
- varieties of barley;
- type of cooking tank;
- method of cooking.
The speed of cooking is affected by the age of the cereal. In simple words, if it is stored for a long time, the porridge is cooked much longer. If you believe the advice of leading hostesses, you can quickly make a tasty and nutritious gruel. It is necessary to wait until the water with the grits boils, then drain the water, pour a new one and cook at medium temperature until ready. Knowing how much barley is being cooked, you can safely pick up a good recipe and proceed to direct preparation.
However, the most proven and surest way is that the grits need to be soaked in boiling water for several hours. Thanks to this trick porridge cooked for half an hour. As for tasty pearl barley, how to cook it will be prompted by a recipe, but first you need to figure out how to soak it properly.
Unlike all cereals, pearl barley is prepared for a very long time. To solve this problem, it can be soaked overnight in warm or hot water. Due to this manipulation of the grain soaked with water, swell, so you spend the least amount of time on cooking. To do this, sift the barley, rinse it under running water and place in a deep container. Given the proportions of one to four pour boiling water. The duration of soaking at least five hours.
In addition to this technique, there is another excellent option that will significantly speed up the cooking time. Before boiling pearl barley, pour boiling water over it in a thermos for an hour and a half, then transfer to a saucepan, pour in a certain amount of water and boil for twenty minutes.
If you leave 8 tablespoons of cereal overnight in a thermos, 700 bay of boiling water, in the morning you will have a healthy, rich and balanced breakfast. In such a gruel you can add honey, sugar, butter and even milk. It turns out not only tasty, but also useful and satisfying.
Features step by step preparation
Perlovka is a very valuable and useful cereal that needs to be cooked properly. Only then can children and adults like it. Due to the unique chemical composition, it can be used to compensate for the lack of trace elements, amino acids and vitamins. If barley is regularly present in the human diet, improvement in the condition of the skin, teeth, nails and hair can be observed. Thanks to vitamins E, PP, B, D, blood cholesterol levels are noticeably reduced, the nervous system and hemoglobin level are strengthened, and healthy blood circulation is restored.
Considering that there are a lot of recipes, you should choose the best of them. The most interesting and simple cooking method is an oven, using a clay pot.
The following ingredients are required for cooking:
|chicken broth||500 milliliters|
|Croup perlovaya||about 100 gram|
|Black pepper||slightly smaller xnumx spoons|
|Dry garlic||to taste|
Cooking steps with step by step photos:
1. The proposed recipe for barley porridge implies a pre-soak. Grits need to pour cool water for eight hours before cooking. It is advisable to do this in the evening to start cooking in the morning.
2. When the soaking time has come to an end, chicken broth can be prepared. However, it is better to make it in advance, so as not to waste too much time. Chicken pour water, bring to a boil and collect the resulting scale. At this time, you can add black pepper, salt and dry garlic to the water. If desired, you can even add a bay leaf, the aroma will be more saturated and bright.
3. The broth will be ready in one and a half or two hours. After that, the pan can be removed from the stove.
4. Take a pot of clay or ceramic. It must be filled with soaked croup on the 1 / 3 part. Thanks to cooking in a pot, the dish will be more interesting and original.
5. Grits need to pour boiling chicken broth. Approximately need 500 milliliters of broth per pot. In simple words, you need to fill the rest of the pot with broth.
6. Be sure to cover the pot with a lid, send it to the oven. Observe the cooking time as well as the correct temperature. As for the duration of cooking porridge, then at a temperature of 60 degrees it will take at least one hour.
7. When the porridge is fully prepared, the pot must be removed from the oven. It is advisable to add a piece of butter, so it will become softer and more fragrant.
8. Put porridge in a portion plate. Fragrant, rich, nutritious and incredibly useful barley ready. This is a great side dish for chicken and meatballs. Before serving, you can arrange beautifully, sprinkle with chopped greens.
Despite the length and complexity of making barley porridge, the final result is worth it. Do not deprive yourself and your loved ones of such a wholesome, satisfying and tasty dish. Using the proposed recipe and recommendations, you can easily cook this gruel.