It is difficult to find a person who would like to regularly eat pearl barley. However, this cereal is considered so valuable and useful that it is simply obliged to be present in the diet of each person. Perlovka is a generous, unusually rich storehouse of amino acids, micro and macronutrients, minerals, vitamins. Barley porridge, cooked properly, is able to restore the functioning of the digestive system, quickly and qualitatively improve the intestinal microflora. This therapeutic effect is due to its enveloping, antacid action. In order for the barley to be not only healthy and curative, but also tasty, it is important to know how to prepare it correctly.
Interesting information about cereals
Barley for garnish is a great idea, as healthy and nutritious porridge will be a good addition to meat, fish and vegetable dishes. As for its preparation, many recipes offer to soak the grits for eight or even ten hours before cooking porridge. If you do not have a lot of free time, you can use those recipes and varieties of pearl barley, which will allow you to make a tasty side dish without soaking.
Pearl barley is obtained from barley. To do this, the bran is separated from whole nucleoli. With this porridge, you can significantly increase stamina, increase muscle growth, normalize metabolism, and improve the activity of the central nervous system and brain. It contains proteins (lysine), essential amino acids and dietary fibers, a large amount of fiber, which is necessary for the full functioning of the digestive tract and all organs.
Barley consists of 73% complex carbohydrates, it is rich in phosphorus, iron, chromium and zinc, iodine, selenium and magnesium, as well as calcium. As for vitamins, it contains vitamins B, E, D and A. This product also contains valuable acids: nicotinic, folic. That is why a side dish of pearl barley is not only useful, but a very valuable product for the human diet, a balanced and healthy diet.
Delicious side dish recipe
For the preparation of barley garnish recipe suggests using grits, which do not contain various bran, dust and debris. It is important to consider the duration of storage, the time of packaging of the product. Cooking barley on a side dish in a slow cooker or on the stove is a very simple, simple process. Considering that the cooking time is about an hour, at this time you can make a sauce, meat or fish. Consider that in the process of cooking the grains increase in volume by six times, so you need to use a pot of the appropriate size. Ready porridge turns out tasty and crumbly, goes well with mushrooms, vegetables, fish, meat and poultry.
To vary the taste, you can cook barley porridge with white sauce and spinach. The dish will turn out not only useful and balanced, but also very tasty, fragrant and attractive.
|Croup perlovaya||½ cup|
|Wheat flour||3 tablespoons|
|Spices, salt||to taste|
1. To pearl barley turned out tasty, crumbly, you need to properly cook it. First of all, it is necessary to prepare the grits, it needs to be picked from the garbage, rinsed thoroughly under running water. After that, it should be poured with cool water, left for 3 hours, so that it swells. The remaining water is drained, place the cereal in a saucepan. Fill it with water, keeping the proportion of 1 to 3. Put the pot on the stove, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes. Then remove the pan from the stove, cover with a lid and leave for ten minutes in this state.
2. While the porridge is boiled, it is necessary to start preparing spinach. It is recommended to use leaf spinach. It is placed in a pan, filled with water (about 100 milliliters). Boil on medium heat for seven minutes. It is very important that it becomes completely soft.
3. Peeled onions onion, cut into thin half-rings. Then peel the garlic, finely chop. Fry the onion with garlic in the hot oil until golden brown. After that add to spinach, lightly stew.
4. The next stage is the preparation of white sauce, which perfectly complements and emphasizes the taste of porridge, spinach. Mix the spices with flour, pour a thin stream of milk, mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps. In a saucepan, melt fifty grams of good butter, add the resulting milk mixture, cook until a homogeneous mass. As for the assortment of greens, then for this sauce it is better to use celery, parsley and dried dill. Add ground black pepper and salt to your own taste. When you get a smooth consistency, pour the sauce into the spinach.
5. Mix thoroughly. Stew over low heat for five minutes.
6. Serve the finished dish in portions. Place pearl-barley porridge on a plate and pour sauce with stewed spinach on top.
Barley garnish is a very healthy, nourishing and nutritious dish that can be prepared for the whole family. Despite the fact that many do not like this cereal, it is considered one of the most useful and necessary for the diet, so do not ignore it. Using the proposed photo recipe, you can enrich your menu and please the household with a delicious and original dish.