Pea groats is a traditional ingredient that is used in the preparation of many different dishes: porridge, mashed potatoes, soups. Despite the simplicity of the product, you can make an excellent delicacy from peas that can strike off with its taste. The proposed recipe for pea porridge with meat is unusually simple, but very tasty and original. You can use any meat, because due to the properties of the multicooker, it will turn out gentle and very juicy. It is preferable to use for the preparation of this dish pork. It will give spice and unique taste of porridge. If desired, you can apply veal or chicken fillet. In this case, the calorie content of the dish will be significantly lower.
Features step by step preparation
Pea porridge with meat in a slow cooker is cooked extremely easily and quickly. For the preparation can be used multicooker any company (Redmond, Philips, Scarlet, Polaris, Vitek, Moulinex, Panasonic and others). To make the dish tasty, you should take only fresh and high-quality ingredients.
Braised pea porridge with meat - a healthy, nutritious dish. In order to feel satiety and a surge of energy, strength, a small portion is enough. Despite the calorie content of the dish, it can be included in the diet, even for those who are watching the figure and want to lose those extra pounds. For cooking this dish, you can use beef, veal, pork, turkey, chicken or nutria meat.
Porridge prepared in this way is a storehouse of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It is advisable to introduce it into your own diet several times a week, alternating with other cereals. This will make your diet more healthy, balanced and healthy. Before serving, do not forget to sprinkle it with chopped greens. Porridge goes well with green peas, pickled tomatoes, cucumbers and mushrooms, which can complement and diversify the finished dish.
For cooking you will need these foods:
|Beef or pork||about 300-400 grams|
|Chopped peas||½ cup|
|Salt||1 / 3 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper, spices||add to taste|
This number of ingredients is calculated for two portions. The total cooking time will be sixty minutes.
1. Prepare all the necessary ingredients in accordance with the recipe. To reduce the cooking time, soak the peas in warm water for two to three hours in advance. If the peas have not been soaked, the cooking time is automatically increased by one hour.
2. When the peas swell and increase in size, it should be thoroughly rinsed with running water. This manipulation is carried out until the water is perfectly transparent.
3. In the meantime, do some meat preparation. Wash it in running water, then blot with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, cut the meat into medium or small cubes. To make the dish more organic and tender, it is advisable to use a spatula or filet portion.
4. Turn on the slow cooker, set the appropriate mode for cooking, namely “Frying”. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the container and warm it. At this time, peel the onions and chop them finely. Fry the onions in hot oil for at least three minutes. If desired, add ground black pepper.
5. Put chopped meat into fried onions. Fry until the color of the meat changes.
6. The next step involves the use of washed peas. From it you need to drain all the water and add it to the multicooker bowl. Do not forget to salt the dish using fine salt.
7. After that add water and stir. Cover the lid of the multicooker, set the cooking mode to “Quenching”. The cooking time is 40 minutes. If you did not soak the grits in advance, then the time will increase to 1 hours 40 minutes.
8. When the porridge with meat is ready, you will hear the appropriate beep of the multicooker. Decorate the ready meal with finely chopped greens before serving.
Preparing a pea gruel with meat using this kitchen appliance is extremely easy. The dish is tender, juicy, fragrant and satisfying. Due to the properties of the multicooker, the ingredients retain a large amount of vitamins and minerals.