Pea porridge is a nutritious and healthy dish for the whole family. The benefits of peas due to the fact that its composition contains many vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Pea porridge is a dietary dish because of its low calorie content, so feel free to include it in the diet during the diet.
For those who do not count calories and loves a tasty meal, a recipe for pea porridge with smoked meats will be interesting. A pea-mea with smoked meat will not only become your family’s favorite dish, but will take pride of place on the festive table. Many are tormented by the question of how to cook pea porridge so that it is soft and tasty. The trick to achieving a delicate texture of cereal is that it needs to be soaked for 2 hours before you start cooking.
Use crushed peas, not a whole. The following recipe for peas with smoked meats will make your menu festive, bring in bright flavors. Smoked meat Choose with fat to make the dish juicy. The recipe is quite simple, any hostess can handle it. A detailed description, tips, recommendations and photos will help. Pea porridge, like pea mash, Is an ancient dish that adorned the tables of kings, princes during a feast or feast. Diversify the diet of your household with a royal dish and surprise them with your culinary skills.
|Smoked Pork Ribs||1,3 kg|
|Salt, black pepper, spices||to taste|
|Vegetable oil||3 tablespoons|
|Greens, fresh vegetables||for serving|
1. Prefer crushed peas to speed up the cooking process. Rinse under running water and soak for 2 hours. If you do not have so much time, do not despair. Add ½ teaspoon of soda to warm water and pour peas over it. After 30 minutes, the peas will swell and be ready to start cooking.
2. Chop the smoked ribs into small pieces.
3. For cooking will require deep cast iron dishes. Place it on the stove, fry ribs for 10 minutes in vegetable oil. Peel the onion and cut it into half rings. Add to smoked ribs. Sprinkle with pepper and sugar, stir.
4. Send the swollen, washed peas to smoked meats. Fill all with boiling water, respecting the proportion of 1: 3.
5. Cover and cook for an hour. After the peas absorb the water, it will start to burn, so stir the porridge periodically. Simmer another 30 minutes. Before you remove the pan from the stove, do not forget to salt to taste. Keep in mind that the ribs are already salted. Optionally, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix.
6. Pea porridge with smoked meat is ready. It turns out very appetizing, nourishing, tender and nutritious, with the aroma of a fire. Serve with greens and fresh vegetables. Tomatoes, cucumbers and radishes will be the perfect complement to the dish.
This culinary masterpiece can easily get enough for a whole day, so it is best to serve it for breakfast or lunch.
Useful recommendations for the proper preparation of pea porridge:
- Before cooking, peas should be soaked in warm water for at least 2 hours. If there is no extra time, you can use green peas. This product is prepared much faster.
- Olive, vegetable, corn or butter is added to the finished dish to get a richer flavor.
- If you are cooking porridge with smoked meats, salt the dish at the end of cooking, taking into account that the meat is already salted.
The benefits of pea porridge
Everyone knows the properties of legumes. Dishes prepared on their basis are very healthy. Pea porridge is no exception.
- Pea porridge is a source of essential minerals and amino acids, minerals and vitamins. The pea contains fiber, protein, and mineral salts. Kashka is rich in vitamins: A, H, PP, E, B. It also contains macronutrients: phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, chlorine. Peas are saturated with the following minerals: iron, iodine, selenium, tin, molybdenum, strontium, nickel and others.
- This dish is considered the most high-calorie among all cereals. Therefore, it is very popular among athletes and people leading an active lifestyle.
- Pea porridge has a positive effect on the work of the stomach and intestines. Helps to cope with such ills as constipation, flatulence. Improves appetite, increases peristalsis. Cleans the body from toxins and harmful substances.
- Due to the antioxidants contained in it, pea porridge has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair, skin and nails. It makes the skin supple, smooth, toned, young. Returns a natural blush.
- Kashka strengthens and supports immunity. Helps fight viral diseases.
There are some limitations to the use of this wonderful dish:
- Individual intolerance to peas, allergies.
- Abuse leads to problems with digestion: flatulence, increased gas formation.
- It is forbidden to enter into the diet for such diseases: diabetes, gout, nephritis, heart disease.
Cook the pea porridge with smoked meats according to the proposed recipe and enjoy the fantastic taste. Do not abuse this dish. It is recommended to include it in the diet no more than twice a week.
If this recipe is too complicated for you, pea porridge in a slow cooker recipe which link, will also delight you and your family.